Thursday, February 27, 2020

Script pt.1

Ok, so I'm having an issue with the script. This is going to be a short update because I'm not really in the headspace to write, but I want to update y'all anyways so here goes.

I started writing the script. I thought it would help me with the mood board and feel more secure in what I was doing, especially cause my schedule is going to be kinda funky given when I'm filming. (But that's a whole 'nother issue.)

I started writing the script, and I knew what I wanted to write and the nI finished the script and it was nothing like I envisioned writing. It was super different, more dialogue-based, less time spent in the alternate world. I t wasn't the story I had originally set out to write. Except, I kind of like it. But I really, really like the original idea. So, I'm going to write out the second script, and see how I can marry the two together. Honestly, I love the one I just wrote because I really love the mother-daughter scenes I put in it, and the scene with the friend, but it just isn't the story I envisioned. It's also weird because I'm not really sure how to properly time the script so that it fits in 5-6 minutes, which is really tripping me up, cause I don't know if I can mix all the original scenes I had planned with the new scenes I wrote and make something out of that. I think what I'm going to do is make a couple different versions, one long, one short, etc, but when I write my shot list, I'm going to write down all the shots, for all the scenes I've written and will write, so when I'm in the editing stage, I can work with it there and move around things according to the time limits.

The scripts are a bit of a weird format, so I'm going to post them in different posts, then I'll do my final summary and decision in another post. Also, stay tuned for my mood board, and character posts, coming very soon! (Also my schedule and location and casting and holy doodles I have a lot to write about.)

That's all for now
-Isa Ollie Mason

P.S. I also settled on a name!!! 'The Golden Crown' whoop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment