Monday, April 6, 2020

Mise-en-scene and other stuff

Wow, this project is slowly driving me insane. I'm going to keep my blog posts less casual and more informational from now on just so I can maintain a bit of my sanity. Cause tbh, writing blog posts that sound like a real human is ridiculously hard for me unless I just go full text-speech, which is obviously unacceptable for a formal school assignment.

Currently, I'm working on costume design and reading over the script with my brother so I can make sure he knows what he is doing. I have to make the crown, figure out his wardrobe, convince him to wear light makeup and find a ring that fits the description from the script. His wardrobe will most likely be posted later today as well as preliminary makeup and accessories ideas. Also, I'm going to be playing the role of the friend, so I have to prepare myself for that, which trust me, involves a lot more than me just reading the lines.

Also, I have to figure out the tripod business. Most likely I'll end up ordering one off Amazon and waiting until it arrives to start filming. I'll actually probably start filming on Wednesday or Thursday, and since I'm working with my brother, we'll probably finish quickly and I'll be able to hop right into editing, which is frankly the easiest part for me.

Also, I have to figure out where exactly I'm filming because my mom's house does not at all reflect the vibe I'm trying to go for, so I'll probably end up shooting at my dad's house and working from there.

I think that's all my updates for now. Honestly, I'm really really nervous about this project. I hate having to change the premise from a forest world to just an empty one, because I feel like it takes away from the dream punk aesthetic I was originally planning on, and I'm also scared I won't be able to achieve the same Wes Anderson style I want to go for. But hey, maybe I'm just being silly and it'll actually turn it all just fine. Ha.

My next two posts are going to be about wardrobe and my updated shot-list, so keep an eye out for those. Until the next post, ciao!

-Isa Ollie Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment