Saturday, April 4, 2020

Oof

Hi. It's me. And its definitely been a while, unfortunately. The ongoing pandemic has effected my productivity and existing mental conditions to an unfortunate level, which led to my general disappearance from this blog. In addition, again, given the pandemic, I'm now forced to change my script and aspects of my production, which really hit me hard. In the short time I spent working on my short film before all of this started, I absolutely fell in love with the premise, the script, the images I saw in my head of all the different scenes. It felt like this grand production, like with all of these elements together, I could create something absolutely incredible. And now, it doesn't feel that way. I have to change actors, from an experienced actor to my little brother, who working with, is like pulling teeth. I have to change the locations, from this huge forest to whatever I can find that will replicate at least a little bit of that mystery and fantastical elements. I don't even have access to the same equipment I had before or the same level of practical manipulation. So all in all, this sucks.

But unfortunately, I don't have a choice in this. So screw it. The world may have dissolved into a panic, but I guess that doesn't give me an excuse to slack off either.

So here are the changes to my project.

1. Like I said previously, I'll be switching from my previous actor to my little brother, which also means I'll be changing the gender of the main character and the name.
2. Because all national parks are closed in light of the pandemic, and I have no other access to a forest (thanks Florida), I've decided to change the premise from the alternate reality being a forest-based reality, to it being a reality where all people have disappeared, and thus I can take advantage of the current quarantine rules and gain access to areas that would otherwise be quite full, like mall parking lots, so it would be an easier premise to pull off.
3. Because of this, I'll have to go back and edit some of my scenes to fit this new location. I'll be posting an updated script next, so keep an eye out for that.
4. I also no longer have access to equipment I was planning on borrowing from BECON TV (our public school media/news organization), which means I'll have to improvise. I also don't have a tripod anymore (I left it at school), so I'm going to have to either buy one off amazon or figure out an alternative.

There are probably some more little things that are going to have to change, but that's about the bulk of it. Oh well. When the world bursts into flames, the ants still rise in the morning and march in their lines.

-Isa Ollie Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment