Wednesday, April 8, 2020

First Scene done!

I shot and edited one 30 second scene and I already feel like death... can't wait for what tomorrow brings!

Okay so actually being serious, hello! Today was the first of two days of filming and it actually went pretty great. Like I said before, working with my brother is like pulling teeth, and oh boy did he live up to that sentiment. Anyways, so we got the second scene, the sidewalk scene, done and it actually only took about 20 minutes to shoot. Like I said in my vlog, I left my tripod in school so I was forced to come up with a DIY solution, and it actually worked out! I didn't end up using the lamp, instead, I found two candle holders, one tall and one shorter, and they work perfectly for all of my needs.

After we finished shooting, I decided to sit down and edit for a bit, which ended up turning into editing for an hour. Lol. At least I finished the scene! I used Davinci Resolve to edit this one specifically just because I wanted to toy around with the color-grading tools and figure out how I wanted to make a distinction between the normal world and the alternate world. It worked out fine, its a really complex editor so I got lost at some points, but otherwise, I enjoyed using it, especially the color wheel. You can watch the scene below, and I'll be updating y'all on the filming process in the coming days, so look out for that
-Isa Ollie Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment