Friday, April 10, 2020

Yay! Costume Design!

Now that we're on the second day of filming I figured I would talk about my favorite part of any film process, the costume design. I saved this for the second day of filming because today is the day we film all the alternate world films, so I wanted to save it for today.

So I felt like an important part of differentiating between the real world and the alternate world, especially since I can't film in the forest, would be to make the outfits between the two worlds dramatically different. I also wanted to highlight the character's real personality through the clothes he wore, so I wanted to definitely create a look that was unconventionally, but would still suit a teenage boy.  So after some thought, I kinda realized that I would kind of just use my own style, which includes a lot of oversized clothing, graphic t-shirts, jackets, stuff that is kind of artsy but also represents a sense of dreaminess, not quite there.

So this is the look I came up with! Its simple, and it might not seem like a big deal, but to me, it feels like it represents what I see in my brain when I picture the vibe of this film. I was originally going to add makeup, but the actor really didn't want to wear makeup and Jesus christ I did not feel like fighting him on this.

So there's the look! My next posts are going to be an updated shot list, more filming day stuff, and a self-reflection of this project and the obstacles. The last post I'm going to be dreading the most because a lot of stuff has gone wrong and in terms of my mental health, it's really hard for me to confront those things, but I feel like I have to in order to really be honest about my project and feel some sort of satisfaction about this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment